Friday, July 20, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises-Day After Review

How was the Dark Knight Rises you ask? AMAZING!!!

Since it is still the same day of it's premiere, I thought that I would give you a couple of my thoughts devoid of any spoilers.

First off, I went to the midnight premiere with my friend. She loves the Batman franchise, whereas I was really just there for the fun of going to a premiere. That being said, I didn't know much about the Dark Knight trilogy, but the movie did a great job giving back story where it was needed. I had no problem understanding what was going on at all.

Also, to anyone who has no faith in Anne Hathaway as catwoman, you will be amazingly pleased. My friend that went with me didn't want Hathaway to play catwoman, but she told me later on that she felt that Hathaway had exceeded expectations and done an amazing job.

The movie itself was a little long (almost three hours) but I think it is necessary in order to set up the movie and complete the action. There was a lot of action, in general. I wasn't bored at any point, or feeling like they needed to speed things up. And the end of the movie is exciting, unexpected (for me at least) and the perfect ending to the movie.

If you get the chance, go see it. I haven't seen Magic Mike yet, even though everyone is raving about it, but I can guarantee that The Dark Knight Rises is much more worth your time and money (at least in my opinion).

I've only had about 3 hours of sleep because I went to the premiere, so I'm sorry that this isn't the most entertaining post to date, but by tomorrow, I'll start getting back on my normal kinds of posts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment