Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I've Become A Maven!

A Julep Maven, that is. I received my first ever Julep Maven box in the mail a couple of days ago, and I was so excited. I love nail polish, and I love receiving mail, so you can only imagine how excited I was when I found out about this service.


If you don't know, Julep Maven is another one of those beauty boxes where they send you tester products each month, but becoming a Maven is so much better! First off, it's a nail polish sample service instead of beauty products. Also, you can skip a month whenever you want (and easily!), and those stupid style quizzes that lock you into specific products that are supposedly "tailored" to you (even though they don't know you!)? Yes, you still take the quiz, but you aren't locking into ANY products because of the style quiz. They give you your category, and that's the box/nail polishes they suggest for you, BUT if you like another box better, they let you switch for no charge!

I've always doubted these beauty boxes because I've always seen the boxes have bad months where the products that they give out are bad, or they have bad customer service, but from all of the reviews that I've seen, Julep Maven has greatly exceeded my expectations!

Julep Maven is $19.99 a month, but they have some great deals for your first box! At checkout, type in INTROPENNY and you'll get your first box for a PENNY. I did it, and it feels great to get your first box pretty much free!! Finding a penny on the ground is not worthless anymore because it can pay for your first box!

Now onto what's inside the box:

The box comes nicely packages when you open it. It feels like you are opening a present that you bought for yourself :)

I chose to go with the IT GIRL style profile, even though they said that I was the Boho Glam. I will admit though, that they really did peg the boho glam. I loved the colors that they offered in that box, but this is why It Girl was the one I wanted:
The polishes from L to R: Lily (fuchsia creme), Daisy (yellow lemon creme), and Sasha (cantaloupe melon creme)
Daisy is GORGEOUS! I've been wanting a bright yellow polish for a while and just haven't found one that I fell in love with, but I LOVE Daisy. Sasha is also so pretty! Lily is your average pink (it's pink even though it looks like a cranberry) but it actually didn't look as pretty online as it did in person. I bought the box for Daisy, and I wasn't disappointed (although, how could you be when you got the box almost entirely free?! I dunno...)
The box also comes with two toe separators for when you paint your toe nails. I didn't have any of these, so they will come in handy.

Overall, the products are beautiful (although I haven't tried them out yet), the box was presented beautifully, I received it very quickly, and I like that you aren't locked in every month to products/ a box that you won't like. Nail polish is SO hard to get for people because everyone likes different colors, but Julep Maven was smart to give you five completely different options and allow you to pick what box/colors you want.

This so far has been a great service, and I'm greatly looking forward to the 20th of this month, when I'll get to view the next box's items and select my August box!

To get your first box for a penny with the intro code INTROPENNY, go to

Disclaimer: I bought the box with my own money. I was not sent this box for free or for review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment