Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Sally Hansen Nail Stickers Review

Really, they are called the Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips, but that's a long name. So I'm just going to call them stickers, since that's what they really are. I've only used these once, but I wanted to do a short review on them while they were still on my fingers.

A lot of people have said that these babies last a long time, and I definitely agree. They have been on my nails for about a week and a half. They started chipping on day 2, which I found kind of ridiculous. Granted, I am probably a lot rougher on my nails than the normal girl (I work with my hands in the scenic studio at our theater...so power tools and all) but at the same time, I don't think I was just smashing them against things. I also found that the stickers weren't as stuck down at the top of the nail, so when I would go to wash my hair every morning, I was getting my hair caught in the stickers, which was super annoying.

I did like them though. I got a BUNCH of compliments on my zebra print nails, and what I liked is that you can cut the strips from one package in half, and end up being able to use these strips twice. Also, when my nails started chipping really badly, I just cut my nails, and it made them look brand new. So, if you are going to use these, I'd say let your nails grow a little bit so there is something to cut off when they do chip. That way, you can get them to stay on a lot longer!

For the money, I would only buy them if I LOVED the design. But I do think they are fun, and a lot more hassle free than normal nail polish. It was an overall good experience other than getting my hair pulled every morning in the shower. But I think they chip a lot faster than other people admit to.

Have you tried these out? What is your favorite design?

No comments:

Post a Comment