Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Miss Jessie's Shampoo and Conditioner

Here is another shampoo and conditioner testing. This time, the brand is Miss Jessie's Creme De La Creme conditioner and Super Slip Sudsy Shampoo.

I'm not going to lie, I was SUPER scared to try these. First of all, Miss Jessie's is a really well known brand for African American hair types, which I clearly don't have. Second, these shampoos and conditioners are marketed for curly hair, which I don't have. I have wavy hair, but I don't have spiral curly hair. I tried to pick a couple of samples that would be better suited for less curly hair, so here goes:

These products make some BIG claims: The shampoo claims that it is "the best darn detangling shampoo period" and the conditioner claims that it is "the best darn conditioner period." That's some high standards that it has set for itself!

What I thought: The combo of shampoo and conditioner brought out some really wavy hair when I woke up in the morning. It looked cute, but the wave weren't really detangled or anything. I think it would have made more of a difference if my hair was naturally spiral curls or something that gets tangled easily. I don't think it's the best of its kind, though.

Would I buy these? Probably not. They aren't in any stores that I've ever seen, and since they weren't miraculous, I don't see the point of ordering them online. They didn't smell amazing either. They just smelled okay.

If you've ever used these, please let me know. I would love to know how they work in people's hair that has a different texture than mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment