Sunday, August 5, 2012

College Series Launch!

College Series is a GO! I've decided that I wanted to do this college series to help out anyone who may be headed off to college for their freshman year, or just for people who want to start thinking about going to college. College is an exciting time in someone's life, and I for sure am excited to go back to college!

I thought I'd start out by fully introducing my situation: 
I am going to be a Sophomore in college this year with a double major in Theater and Communication. Theater pretty much eats up my life, from rehearsals to performances to experiencing as much theater in the community as I can. Last year, I lived in the First Year dorms on our campus. I had a roommate and shared a bathroom with two other girls (which is called a "suite style" dorm room). Our room was pretty big last year, and the way we had it organized, my roommate and I had a lot of open space for ourselves. Each year, everyone randomly gets a lottery number, and the lowest numbers get to pick rooms first. There are only 3 Sophomore dorm options to choose from. If you don't get in one of those, you are put on the wait list, and when people start dropping out for various reasons or getting cleared to go abroad, rooms start opening up for the people who are on the wait list. My roommate and I were put at the top of the wait list, and we recently found out that by our lucky stars we got into the best Sophomore dorm available, and we have no suitemates. The whole place is to ourselves. OMG. So, when I haul things, tell stories, etc. just keep these circumstances in mind. I'm buying things that my roommate and I will share, packing things that my roommate and I will use, but with full knowledge that we will have extra bathroom space without suitemates.

And now, without further ado, let the College Series begin! It is beginning on August 5th and will end when August ends. Hope you enjoy, and let me know if there are any advice posts/things that you would like to see/know!

No comments:

Post a Comment