Wednesday, August 15, 2012

College Series Day 11: Five Things I Wish I Had NOT Brought To College

Yesterday, I gave you all a list of things I wish I had bought to college, so I thought I'd tell you all what I wish I had NOT brought to college! Here goes it:

  1. A bunch of shoes. My roommate and I both did not pack our shoes seasonally. The floor of our closet looked like a shoe volcano had exploded, and it would have been a lot easier to bring shoes seasonally like we did our clothes. It especially didn't help that when we bought new shoes, we brought them to college but didn't take any home. Shame on us. 
  2. Pleasure books. I didn't read ANY of them. Instead I just read stuff off of my kindle. I think it's great to bring one or two books or your kindle, but I had like 8 books that I wanted to read, and they ended up taking up space on my shelves. 
  3. PJs: That sounds odd, but let me clarify: I didn't pack my PJs seasonally either. I had a bunch of shorts that were too cold in the winter, and a bunch of fuzzy and super warm pants that were too hot in the spring and summer. I didn't think that one through...
  4. My Robe: While fuzzy and warm on super cold days, I barely wore it. It just took up space in my closet.
  5. Candy: Big mistake. I get bored, and then I eat, and it just wasn't a great combo with a bunch of sugar in my room. Granted, I was also working out, but it just would have been better to have some healthier things in my room. 
As you can see, I had a less items that I regretted than I didn't regret. Most of what I brought was stuff that I used on a pretty regular basis. 

Let me know what you regret bringing to college and why! 

No comments:

Post a Comment