Wednesday, August 29, 2012

College Series Day 25: Separation From Home

I want to do this fast because I'm in the middle of a TV show!

Essentially, everyone deals with separation from their home and parents differently. It's just dependent on how close you were to your family before. To be honest, I am super close to my family, but I had NO trouble at all being away from home. I think it's because I've always been super independent and I know that they are just a text or call away.

My biggest tip is TEXTING. If your parents don't know how to text, teach them before you leave!! I had many days where I was just too busy to sit down and talk to my parents on the phone, so we would just talk through texts, and that way they can still feel like they are a part of my life/know what's going on. (Although, it's not my fault if your parents then decide to text you every morning while you are trying to sleep! That's what my parents do :P )

If you ever need someone to talk to or are lonely, I'm hear for you. But your parents are just a phone call away, and I'm sure they would be happy to hear from you. And you can always visit home :) Don't be lonely :)

No comments:

Post a Comment