Sunday, October 21, 2012

October Julep Maven Box

Wow, is this post late, or what? This is my Julep Maven Box for the month of October. I chose the Maven's choice option because I wasn't a fan of the crackles that came in the other boxes. Also, one of the colors in this box, Lisa, was my ultimate favorite for the month, and I really wanted to try it out, so this box looked ever better since it has Lisa in it. But without further ado, here's the box and it's contents: 

 Just opened. It's got the Julep quote as well as the information card, like always. 

 This month's box came with a little bag of candy corn and two pots of glitter, one in orange and one in black.

 Here are the polishes all wrapped up. 

 These are the colors. I got Lisa, Eloise, and Keira. 

 Lisa. It's a taupe-y color. While I haven't tried it on my nails yet, I am really excited to have this color. I don't have anything like it in my collection, so I had to get it!

 Eloise. This is a dark navy blue, which looked much prettier in the pictures than it did on my nails. This was the first color from the box I used, and I was going to do a NOTD, but not only did I get busy and forget, but the manicure itself didn't last long, so I gave up on the idea. I'll show you guys someday what it looks like. Maybe it will look better on my toes...

 Keira. This is a cranberry red, and let me just tell you, it looks absolutely gorgeous on my toes. I usually fall in love with a seasonal toe color, and just keep putting the same color on every time, and I think I found on for this fall. It's really pretty, and I really think this would look pretty paired with Lisa. Maybe it will be in a future blog post... hint hint.

Here they all are together. Overall, it was a successful box. I was really happy with the colors, and I am really glad I didn't end up skipping this month. I get these boxes to buy polishes that I don't already have in my collection, and I think I definitely did that this month.

Are you not a Maven yet? Want to get your first box for a PENNY? Click here, take the style quiz, pick a box, and enter the word PENNY during checkout to get your first box for $0.01!

What box did you choose this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment